Sunday, April 5, 2009

Books... The Seamstress

I read The Seamstress a few months ago, should I say bb (before blog) and since I now have a blog and I am getting ready to mail this book out to a buyer from Amazon... I thought, I had better do a little review of this really great book.

The Seamstress, by Frances De Pontes Peebles... 641 pages... wow, it was a great read... I really liked the way the sisters were introduced and the way the story opened up and followed their very different choices and routes taken in their lives. I read it long enough ago to really not remember anything in particular; but, I do remember not wanting to put this book down for a moment. This is another book concerning historical chapters in Brazil's history...it's a story about sisters, husband and wife, secrets behind closed doors, of families and what they do to and for each other and of women growing into their own person instead of who people want them to be... this was a really good book and I hope you will be able to read this book in the future.

I would also like to let you know of a great book giveaway for the book pictured ... Follow Me...this sounds like a book that I would really like to read... if I don't win it I will be putting it on my list of things to read. Check out Sheri's blog at
http://anovelmenagerie.com/ghost/ and if your feeling lucky or just feeling like making a comment... tell her I sent you. Thanks for the feedback.

No comments: